Aquariums and Zoos on Highway 1, CA
List your activity here
Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco
Opened in 1996 and enhanced in 2001, Aquarium of the Bay is a unique educational and entertainment
facility dedicated to the rich and diverse aquatic life of San Francisco Bay and its surrounding waters. The
Aquarium provides a window to the Bay that focuses on its distinctive ecosystems to entertain, educate and inspire
preservation of this wonderful natural resource.
Aquarium of the Bay Website
San Francisco Zoo
The San Francisco Zoo is a multi-faceted place:
- A recreation area where people can relax and have fun.
- A center for wildlife that provides exemplary care for rare and endangered species.
- A community organization serving the people of the Bay Area.
- An educational center providing formal and informal learning programs for children and adults.
- A park and nature center showcasing native plants and gardens.
- A bird sanctuary and bird watcher's paradise.
San Francisco Zoo Website
Aquarium of the Pacific in Long
Come to the Aquarium of the Pacific where you and
your family can get in touch with nature and marine life, any time you want. Touch sharks. Feed lorikeet birds.
Watch sea otters play. Over 12,500 animals await you.
Aquarium of the Pacific Website
Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical
The Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens is located in Griffith Park at the junction of the
Ventura (134) and Golden State (5) freeways. The Zoo's new Campo Gorilla Reserve is home to two troops of lowland
gorillas in a lush tropical habitat. Other Zoo highlights include koala, komodo dragon, giraffe, lion, tiger,
a bird show and hundreds of other animals surrounded by our Botanical Gardens. The Zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 5
Los Angeles Zoo Website